Thursday, June 30, 2011

27 / Lennon
I've been working like mad lately on custom, screen printed wedding invitations (which I can't wait to show off soon!) so I am pretty excited to take a little break tonight and go to the 27 Release Party tonight. For those who don't know (although it seems that's not too many people) 27 is a comic written by Charles Soule, whom my husband and I had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago in New York City comics circles. The story centers on the guitarist of a hugely popular band who suddenly, at age 27, mysteriously loses his talent. 
The covers of 27 have all referenced famous photos of rock musicians, so I thought I'd do my own version on the theme, and present my 27 / Lennon sketch in time for tonight's party. I have been meaning to paint this idea for some time, and I am really looking forward to finishing it, as soon as my brides are taken care of. And then I've gotta do a Strongman piece! Rock on, people!

No comments: